Raised toilet seats are divine intervention especially for our aged folks suffering from hip bone pains, knee pains, back pain, and arthritis. It is also a very useful tool when recuperating from knee and hip surgery. You’ll also benefit from one if you regularly experience some problem while trying to get up from your sitting position.
Before ordering for a toilet bowl raiser, give consideration to these factors.
Elongated vs. Standard toilets
First and foremost, it’s important to note that toilet bowl raisers are designed to fit either the standard commode bowls or the elongated ones. This is usually indicated in the seat’s description. Notably, there are others that are meant for use on both. These are better especially if you want a seat you can travel with.
Obviously, not everyone at home will be comfortable using the toilet raiser. As such, it should be easy to put on and off the original bowl. Therefore, it should be lightweight preferably below 4 pounds. This will enable you to use in both the indoor or outdoor toilets with much ease.
Stability is key when purchasing a raised toilet seat. Most seats come with locking systems that secure them on your toilet bowl’s rim. It’s important to make sure that it’ll be easy for the user to use it with much ease. Always ensure that the seat fits well on the bowl without sliding. If not included, you should consider adding some anti-slid pads between the 2 bowls for added safety.
Where to buy
Raised toilet seats are available from several local retail stores. On the other hand, e-tailers like Amazon have amongst the best models on the market. Buying from Amazon lets you learn about these household tools from people you relate with.
Which are the most popular toilet raisers on our market today?
- 10. PCP Molded Toilet Seat Riser
- 9. Medline Locking Raised Toilet Seat
- 8. Ableware 725790000 Elevated Toilet Seat
- 7. Vive Portable Raised Toilet Seat
- 6. Health Smart Portable Toilet Seat Riser
- 5. Essential Medical Supply Elongated Toilet Seat Riser
- 4. Yunga Tart Toilet Seat Raiser
- 3. Drive Medical Raised Toilet Seat
- 2. Aqua Sense Raised Toilet Seat
- 1. Drive Medical Premium Elongated Seat
10. PCP Molded Toilet Seat Riser
- By: PCP
- Item Weight: 5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 16 x 16 inches
This seat riser will add an incredible 5-inch height to your standard toilet seat. It’s an affordable and easy-to-use seat that offers maximum help to people with difficulties in rising from their sitting position. The package comes with a complete easy-to-comprehend setup guide. Notably, it requires no tool to install. A twist and lock dial conveniently positioned at the front makes it easy to secure it to the rim easily. Again, this seat has a neutral white color that blends well with most standard toilet seats and any bathroom’s décor as well.
- It’s easy to lock it with one hand
- It has been designed to take the user’s body orientation for comfort and safety
- The additional height makes it hard for short people to use it with ease
9. Medline Locking Raised Toilet Seat
- By: Medline
- Item Weight: 5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 16.5 x 5 inches
Medline is made of high-grade plastic. It weighs only 6 pounds and is, therefore, superbly easy to attach and to detach from the toilet. It adds 5 1/2 inches. This seat has been thoughtfully designed to conform to your body shape. It features microban technology which deters the growth of bacteria and other microbes that cause stains, infections, and odors. It fits in toilets bowls measuring between 11 and 14 inches. Again this seat is equipped with a front clamping mechanism that can be rotated single-handedly.
- It’s stable and sturdy on compatible toilet bowls
- It’s lightweight at 5 pounds
- It’s hard and may elevate hip pains
8. Ableware 725790000 Elevated Toilet Seat
- By: Maddak Inc.
- Item Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 13.9 x 3 inches
This model by Ableware features a universal design that makes it compatible with both elongated and standard toilets. Simply put, this is more like your toilet bowl only with increased height. It has a maximum weight capacity of 350 pounds. It requires no tools to install. For hygienic purposes, it has been designed with an open front that allows you easy access. The hardened plastic used won’t crack, chip, or rust. As such, it will last for a couple of years.
- It’s affordable
- It’s easy to install and to use
- It slides and easily and, therefore, requires anti-skid pads
7. Vive Portable Raised Toilet Seat
- By: VIVE
- Item Weight: NA
- Product Dimensions: NA
Vive doubles as a raised toilet and a safety frame. Its proven design is excellent for anyone who needs support when getting on and off the toilet bowl. The arms are padded for added comfort and safety and are slightly curved to allow hip movements. This seat adds 5 inches making it ideal for both tall and short people alike. Vive is compatible with standard and elongated toilet bowls measuring 16.5’’ and 18.5’’ respectively. Moreover, this raised toilet seat is easily portable and can be simply wiped clean.
- It’s lightweight for travel and storage
- The support frame makes it convenient for weak and old people
- The locking knob needs some strength to lock securely
6. Health Smart Portable Toilet Seat Riser
- By: HealthSmart
- Item Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 6 x 15.2 inches
Are you in need of an incredibly lightweight toilet riser that you can travel with? Health Smart could be it. This elevated toilet seat weighs 3.3 pounds only. It’s made of latex-free molded polyethylene that is virtually unbreakable. It’s safe enough for people weighing up to 250 pounds. This seat comes with 4 slip-resistant pads that ensure that the seat remains on the toilet bowl without moving. The material used makes it soft and comfortable on the users’ skin besides conforming to their shape.
- You need not fasten it on the bowl so it can be removed easily
- It’s lightweight so it can be carried virtually anywhere
- Its height may not be good enough for tall people living with arthritis.
5. Essential Medical Supply Elongated Toilet Seat Riser
- By: Essential Medical Supply
- Item Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 3.5 x 13 inches
If you need a seat that you can permanently screw to your current toilet bowl, Essential Medical Supply could be it. This seat riser is designed for the elongated toilets. The package comes with all the screws that you need for installation. It raises your current seat’s height by 3.5 inches and supports up to 250 lbs. Essential Medical Supply weighs 3.2 pounds only. This weight makes transfers much easier and hassle-free. For weak users, this seat riser can be fitted with adjustable safety rails.
- It’s ideal for permanent installations
- It comes with all the necessary accessories for assembly
- The bolts meant to use for its installation are metallic and rust with time.
4. Yunga Tart Toilet Seat Raiser
- By: Yunga Tart
- Item Weight: 3 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 16 x 5.8 x 15.5 inches
Yunga Tart features a universal design making it compatible with elongated, compact elongated and round seats. It has been crafted with your hygiene and convenience in mind. For instance, it has front and back cutouts that allow you enough access while 4 non-slip pads and wider surface ensure that you’re safe as you get on and off the seat. This raiser is 4-3/4’’ high which is ideal especially if you have a knee problem or you’ve just had hip surgery. Moreover, Yunga Tart is made of durable plastic and has a soft and nubby texture.
- It’s the lightest on this list at 2.9 pounds
- It has 4 non-slid pads for stability
- It doesn’t fit some toilet bowls
3. Drive Medical Raised Toilet Seat
- By: Drive Medical
- Item Weight: 1.9 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 19 x 8 inches
Thanks to the padded arm support, Drive Medical Raised Toilet Seat comes as a relief to people who have a problem getting up from their sitting position. This seat is made from high-grade molded plastic. The arms are easily removable with no tool required to do it. Unlike most of its competitors, Drive Medical Elevated seat comes along with a worm screw that locks it securely on your toilet’s rim for secure and safe usage. This seat measures 16.5″(D) x 17″(W) x 5″(H) and will, therefore, most likely fit your standard toilet.
- Its worm screw secures it perfectly making it safe
- Its additional 5’’ height increment makes is ideal for tall users
- The lock screw may not work well with some toilet rims
2. Aqua Sense Raised Toilet Seat
- By: AquaSense
- Item Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 15 x 4 inches
As an arthritic person, you won’t be wrong to call this Aqua Sense Elevated Toilet Seat godsend. For instance, its weight makes it easy to carry around and even to travel with. This seat is yours if you don’t want to spend a lot on one. Its 4’’ height makes ideal for any user, short and tall. Even better, its 400 lbs weight capacity is doubtlessly able to accommodate almost everyone. The polyethylene material used makes it easy to keep it clean and inhibits microbial growth.
- It’s affordable
- It’s lightweight and easy to travel with
- Its round shape may not fit some standard commode bowls
1. Drive Medical Premium Elongated Seat
- By: Drive Medical
- Item Weight: 5.1 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 20.5 x 9 x 16 inches
Drive Medical is an elongated seat that crafted from heavy-duty plastic. This is currently the most sought-after toilet raiser not only because of its durability, but the ease of use too. On a quick thought, its arms can be easily removed or added without any tools. Moreover, this seat can add some height to almost any elongated toilet bowl thanks to its thoughtful design.
- The removable arms are of great help to people with problems in standing
- Its heavy-duty construction supports high weight capacities
- It’s expensive