Most probably, you are here because you know and need one of the best record players. You must be a great music lover. It takes a diehard fan of music to appreciate the old school design of these vintage players. Some who are deep into modern technology call them old. Rather, we find them classic and adore the sweet old memories they bring along.
There are a few specs that will guide you to the best turntables. Though these are not indicators of great sound qualities, they’ll still help you identify the best from the available models.
A higher signal to noise ratio translates to decent sounds. This means that there’ll be reduced background noise. Consider a turntable with at least 55dB.
Nothing makes these record players better than being able to carry them anywhere from the dorm to the park provided you get power. As such, go for a unit with an easy to carry design.
Most of the turntables we have on the market today offer either 2 or 3 speeds. It’s important to ensure that the record player you’re about to fall for offers the speed you need for your records.
- 10. ION Audio Natural Wood Max Turntable
- 9. 1byone Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable
- 8. 1byone Portable Stereo Turntable
- 7. Victrola VTA-200B Classic 6-In-1 Turntable
- 6. Crosley CR704C-PA Turntable with Radio
- 5. Electrohome Archer Vinyl Record Player
- 4. Jensen JTA-222 3-Speed Turntable
- 3. Jensen JTA-230 3-Speed Stereo Turntable
- 2. Crosley CR8005D-TU Deluxe 3-Speed Turntable
- 1. Audio Technica AT-LP60 Automatic Stereo Turntable
10. ION Audio Natural Wood Max Turntable
- By: ION Audio
- Item Weight: 7.7 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 16.4 x 4 inches
Ion is one of today’s coolest vintage players on the market. Amongst other features, you’ll appreciate the natural wood finish used on this vintage. It gives a unique combination of both old school and a modern touch. It’ll doubtlessly compliment the décor of any room. Ion is also fitted with a hinged see-through cover to protect it from dust. It also boasts a USB port that you can connect to a PC or Mac. You can use this port to convert any classic oldies to modern files that can later be played on mp3, laptop, or Smartphone.
- It has a classic design
- It has multiple connections
- The speakers need some improvement
9. 1byone Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable
- By: 1byone
- Item Weight: 5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 11.4 x 5 inches
This turntable has been thoughtfully designed to get you spinning the 1930’s and 40’s way. With its numerous great features, you’re yet to get another record player offering this experience at below 70 bucks. It features 2 1.5-watt front facing speakers. The 2 have been excellently tuned to ensure that they deliver quality sound without noise. Again, this turntable also comes with integrated RCA jacks to let you listen to your music either via your headphones on a private session or through your home system. There’s more. 1byone’s stylist needle can be easily replaced to give your stereo a longer life.
- It has a replaceable needle
- It comes with a stylish carry bag
- The speakers lack quality bass response
8. 1byone Portable Stereo Turntable
- By: 1byone
- Item Weight: 5.7 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 10 x 13.8 inches
This is yet another great turntable that you can get at an amazing price. Amongst other unique features, previous users appreciated its stylish wooden cabinet that has been wrapped with PU leather. This briefcase has a lockable lid and briefcase-like handle for easy carrying and storage. 1byone Stereo Turntable is a standalone with 2 front-facing perfectly tuned speakers and 33, 45, and 78 RPM speed settings to select from. You can also personalize your music experience by taking the music to your home stereo via the RCA jack output. Even better, it lets you listen to the music from other sources including Smartphones and Mp3 players through it.
- It has a decent carrying briefcase
- It has quality sounds
- Several customers reported improper handling during shipping leading to damage
7. Victrola VTA-200B Classic 6-In-1 Turntable
- By: Innovative Technology
- Item Weight: 17.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 20.7 x 12.2 x 15.8 inches
Victrola VTA-200B has several stunning features to keep you fascinated as you roam through time. This is a 6-in-1 turntable featuring FM radio, a cassette player, and a CD player. In addition, it supports Bluetooth connectivity. This means that you can play your music from any Bluetooth enabled device through Victrola. Moreover, it’s fitted with a 3.5mm aux so you can enjoy music from non-Bluetooth devices too. Note the mahogany wood housing and the easy-to-use and clearly labeled controls. All these features allow anyone, at any age and with any music preference to stay entertained.
- Despite its numerous features, it’s still affordable
- It offers various functionalities
- It’s not easily portable
6. Crosley CR704C-PA Turntable with Radio
- By: Crosley
- Item Weight: 3.4 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 17 x 12.5 x 10 inches
This old fashioned turntable is belt driven. Unlike most of its competitors, it allows you to play your favorite hits in a classical oldie style while selecting from 3 speeds. Its authentic retro design will surely complement any home’s décor. Uniquely, Crosley CR704C-PA brings along a front loading CD player. What’s more is that you can program the CD player to play up to 20 hits in any order you desire. Again, you’ll also love its side loading cassette player. This turntable also has an AM/FM radio with analog tuning and an antenna to ensure great signal reception.
- It offers FM radio, Cassette and CD Players, and Bluetooth connectivity
- Can be transported easily
- Its front is a bit dark. It makes it hard to read the controls
5. Electrohome Archer Vinyl Record Player
- By: Electrohome
- Item Weight: 19 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 22.1 x 7.7 x 15.8 inches
Electrohome Archer has a 1960s 3-in-1 design that lets you give your vinyl records the encore they deserve. This turntable is fully automatic. It’s compatible with any 7, 10, and 12-inch records. It’s belt-driven and offers 3 different speeds; 33 1/3, 45, and 75 RPM. Unlike other players with plastic needles, Electrohome sports a ceramic one with a diamond tip to give any hit its original warmth and natural tone. This is a fully automatic record player. Upon making the final rotation, the tone arm will stylishly return to its original position thereby creating a charming 1950s and 60s feeling.
- It’s fully automatic
- It can be used wherever you go
- Several customers complained about its onboard speakers
4. Jensen JTA-222 3-Speed Turntable
- By: Jensen
- Item Weight: 6.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 13.4 x 14.3 inches
Featuring a classic wooden casing and at a cost below 50 bucks, there’s no way you shouldn’t consider owning this record player. This standalone turntable doesn’t require any setup. You just need to plug and play. You can choose to listen to it via its 2 built-in speakers or pump the vibrations up through your home stereo system thanks to the aux output. Again, note its transparent cover. It protects this unit either as it plays or during storage. Jensen JTA-222 measures 5’’ (H) by 12.5’’ (W) x 11’’ (D). This means that you can store or position it almost anywhere including on the bookshelves without grabbing much space.
- It’s compact in size for easy carrying and storage
- It’s easy to assemble
- The sound quality could be better
3. Jensen JTA-230 3-Speed Stereo Turntable
- By: Jensen
- Item Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 13.8 x 6.4 inches
This is yet another great offer from Jensen. It’s more like the previous model from this manufacturer discussed above. However, this one leans more on the modern edge. It’s currently the best-selling unit on Amazon. It offers 3 selectable speeds that can be easily changed using an onboard pitch control. You’ll also love its 2 control knobs with which you change the volume and tone. What makes this turntable even better is its ability to convert classical vinyl records into any digital format you wish.
- It has a decent look
- It’s inexpensive
- It needs a lot of care
2. Crosley CR8005D-TU Deluxe 3-Speed Turntable
- By: Crosley
- Item Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 10.5 x 14 x 4.6 inches
Are you in need of the best turntable there’re on the market? You just got it. Crosley CR8005D-TU is a belt-driven unit with a great onboard full range stereo speaker system to give you the best vibrations ever. Notably, this model also supports Bluetooth. You can turn it on and off at the simple touch of a button. Perhaps the best thing about this turntable is its deluxe carrying briefcase. The case is available in 10 different and amazing colors.
- It’s available in various colors to suit anyone
- It has a decently constructed carry case
- Some records keep on skipping
1. Audio Technica AT-LP60 Automatic Stereo Turntable
- By: Audio-Technica
- Item Weight: 8.7 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 15.9 x 5.9 inches
No other turntable beats Audio Technica AT-LP60 in terms of high reviews and star rating. This is simply the best that the market has for us this year. What makes it unique its ability to easily connect directly to a computer or home stereo. Its replaceable stylus also puts it a few steps ahead of the game. This record player is fully automatic and offers 2 speeds; 33 1/3 and 45 rpm.
- It’s lightweight and compact for easy portability
- It’s easy to assemble and to operate
- It doesn’t have ports